Italian cuisine has always been a source of inspiration for cooks and a source of joy to those consuming it. Despite its often high caloric value, with creamy soups and pastas, many dishes are lighter and still delicious. For this Italian recipe you will use cream in a sauce for chicken, mushrooms and carrots but the dish is simple and scrumptious.
Chicken with Mushroom and Cream Sauce
½ kg chicken breasts, chopped in cubes
½ tray of mushrooms, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped finely
2 small cartons of whipping cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1. Wash the chicken with water and lemon.
2. Add some salt and pepper to the chicken, chip it, and leave it for a while.
3. Put two tablespoons of oil or butter in a frying pan.
4. Add garlic, chopped chicken, and stir until chicken is golden.
5. Add the mushrooms, carrots and stir again for one minute.
6. Add cream, salt and pepper, and cover the pan for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with rice!
With one recipe a day this Ramadan, we’re likely to need your help! Send recipes with pictures to the editor at [email protected]