Egypt Independent

Family of Egyptian victim in Paris attacks complains of govt neglect



The family of Egyptian victim Saleh al-Gebaly, who was killed during last Friday's Paris attacks, has complained of the Egyptian government and Foreign Ministry's disregard to their demand to return Gebaly's body to Egypt for burial.
 
"No official has offered us condolences and the Foreign Ministry has so far failed to return the body to Egypt for burial," Gebaly's brother-in-law Taher al-Naggar told Al-Masry Al-Youm.
 
"We want nothing from the government and we are not even demanding compensation. We just want to bury him," he added.
 
Naggar said Gebaly married three months before his death.
 
Gebaly was from Samanoud in the Gharbiya governorate.
 
Over 120 people were killed in terrorist attacks that rocked the French Capital on November 13, 2015.
 
 
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm