Egypt Independent

Health Ministry: swine flu deaths up to 63



Deaths from swine flu since December 2013 have moved up to 63, up from last week's 55 count, the Health Ministry said Saturday.
 
Eight more people died with the virus since last Tuesday, the ministry’s statement said.
 
The total number of infections stood at 705 since December, the Ministry added.
 
The ministry urged adherence to preventive measures to prevent the spread of the disease and circulated a bulletin with instructions to its departments republic-wide.
 
Amr Qandil, head of the ministry’s preventive medicine’s department, told Al-Masry Al-Youm that the ministry printed out 400,000 leaflets with medical instructions to be distributed among schools and other public gathering facilities.
 
The ministry advised parents not to allow their children to school if they show any syndromes.
 
 
Edited translation from al-Masry Al-Youm