Eating Fesikh (salted dried fish) is the most famous feature of Sham el-Nessim celebrations in Egypt.
Bad Fesikh often leads to poisoning during this feast in Egypt. So how to avoid rotten Fesikh and enjoy your holiday?
Al-Safira Aziza TV program on the privately-owned satellite channel DMC gave some advise that you have to follow when buying Fesikh. Here it is:
- The Fesikh fish has to be thick and firm when you press it with your finger.
- It should be shiny and in silver color.
- Buy it from a trusted and reputable store.
- The gills of the fish should be red.
- The flesh of the fish should be bright pink, otherwise the fish is bad especially when it is yellow.